View Single Post
Old July 18 2012, 02:18 PM   #9
Ian Keldon
Fleet Captain

Re: TMP Epsilon 9 radio chatter

Basill wrote: View Post
Wingsley wrote: View Post
Is the Entente expressly mentioned to be a "dreadnought"?
Yes. It is a call made from the "Dreadnought Entente" to Epsilon IX. Twice in fact, since the same call is made twice, once by a male and then immediately after by a female voice.

I have the main call to the Columbia (mostly) and some other things printed out somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.
The female voice is one of Epsilon 9's communications officers, because the same voice is the one doing the transmission to the Columbia.

QuinnTV wrote: View Post
Basill wrote: View Post
Twice in fact, since the same call is made twice, once by a male and then immediately after by a female voice.
I never noticed that, but it makes sense. I believe some of the TMP engineering background chatter dialog was recycled into TWOK with a gender switch for the same script. (Stuff like: "Pre-stage flux chillers..... On.") Perhaps they recorded most of this kind of stuff twice.
In TMP, it was a female Engineer running the checklist with the computer (which had a male voice in the theatrical release). In TWOK it was the computer (voiced by Marcy Vosburgh) running the list with Sulu.
Ian Keldon is offline   Reply With Quote