View Single Post
Old July 17 2012, 11:03 PM   #3972
Shakaar
Captain

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Rush Limbaugh's latest cockamamie right-wing conspiracy theory...

“So this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there’s discussion out there as to whether or not this was purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It’s going to have a lot of people,” Limbaugh continued. “The audience is going to be huge. A lot of people are going to see the movie. And it’s a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop-culture crowd, and they’re going to hear Bane in the movie and they’re going to associate Bain. And the thought is that when they’re going to start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, not Bain Capital but Romney and Bain, that these people will start thinking back to the Batman movies — ‘Oh yeah, I know who that is!’”

I love Limbaugh calling out anyone else besides himself as being "brain-dead". It's amazing that people actually follow this nutjob.

OK, while I freely admit that the whole Bane-Bain thing is completely BS, I feel compelled to point out that if you read the entire segment of Limbaugh on his webpage, you see that he was not espousing that theory seriously. He WAS, in fact, referring to an article in the Washington Times, which he links to, that specifically says that the Obama campaign is considering using this theory. It even quotes Democratic advisor and former Clinton aide Christopher Lehane. It also quotes Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan, who created the character of Bane, as saying the Democrats were "overgrasping."