View Single Post
Old July 17 2012, 10:07 AM   #63
RJDiogenes
Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion

Re: Jessica Nigri: Babe of the week #29 (July 2012)

^^

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Translation: you're a privileged white male who is incapable of relating to people not born into such privilege. I wouldn't brag about that if I were you. With sexist "progressives" like you, who needs conservatives?
Privileged? I wish. Well, okay, privileged to have some common sense....

the G-man wrote: View Post
Rape isn't about sex. It's about violence. And women aren't raped because of how attractive they are or are not.

The fact that you would even imply that rape is based on whether a man finds a woman attractive is no less sexist than anything you've accused others of.

Hell, it's probably worse, since it opens (wrongfully) the door for whether the attractive woman was 'asking for it.'
Exactly. This is just another symptom of the age of extremism we live in.

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
You did it again, right here.
No, I told a different story, one that is appropriate to the topic being discussed.

Good. Then go starting a thread "Freak of the week" and have people rating you. Make sure people add some really nasty, crass comments about your age, appearence, body shape, and sexual attractiveness. Have people comment on how you are only good for a shag, or not even for that.
Your topic is designed to be vengeful, so it's not appropriate. If we still had the Hunk of the Week Thread (which I not only participated in, but occasionally hosted) and I somehow became the subject matter, I would expect to get a low score. However, my talents lie in other areas-- I post my stories, poetry, artwork and photography and accept all honest comments, no matter how critical.

You will go home angry, hurt and shamefaced. You have no idea what it's like to be a victim of such behaviour, and you have the gall to tell women and men who took exception to it that they need to chill, and it's all harmless and normal behaviour. Well, maybe in our deeply mysoginist culture it's normal, but it's far from harmless.
You're obviously very into your angry young man shtick, but there are plenty of other venues where that energy could be put to better use.

Politics have nothing to do with it. In fact, the one who is ignoring reality to keep up his ideological vision of the world here is you.
Uh... whuh? I'm the one who's anti-ideology and pro-rationalism, remember?

So, the "feminist" shaming a female posters because she had pictures of herself on the web. How "progressive", and "liberated" of you.
I'm not shaming anyone. I think it's great. I'm trying to understand why she would think this sort of thing is "sexist" when she makes a living at it.

Yes, tell the sexy Italian guy how I think that sex is "icky and yucky".
Hey, laughter, that's good. Maybe there's hope.

But again, that's your usual tactic: try to shame opponents into submission, instead of talking about the actual content.
I never shame anyone. And all I do is talk about content, using stuff like reason, common sense, history and examples from real life. All I get back is PC sloganeering. It's like talking to Creationists.

That's full of shit, even for you. Those women are subject to crass, shallow, dehumanazing comments that treat them as pieces of meat. Comments that will make you furious if they were towards you. But they dress provocatively, so in your view, are they asking for it? That's the line of reasoning you are threading, so it's quite rubbish that you are accusing people who take exception to it of that.
No. You're making that all up. It's bad for people to be rude in any context.

The fact that you can't see the difference between sexuality and sexual harrassment is disconcerting, but I guess not surprising.
Sexual harassment? Get real. That's almost as bad as claiming it's rape.