View Single Post
Old July 16 2012, 10:54 PM   #55
Ar-Pharazon
Rear Admiral

Re: General Music Thread

Zion Ravescene wrote: View Post
I just heard of the death of Deep Purple's Jon Lord:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18864409

That truly sucks. One of the best keyboard/piano/organ players ever. The "keyboard" solo in the Made In Japan version of Smoke On The Water was the most amazing thing ever.

F%&$ cancer!

R.I.P. Jon.

Eyes wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
I can't wait for the movie Imaginaerum later this year. And on that, it's spelled Imaginaerum, but still pronounced Imaginarium in the track Storytime.

^ What part of the genre has "bitten" you? I find there's a wide range of styles within the genre, but nothing I've ever disliked.
I really want to see that movie when it comes out, if only to see how they've fitted Nightwish into it. I think Storytime may have been recorded before they changed the name IIRC, brilliant song BTW

It's not so much the symphonic metal bands I know, but when surfing for good symph metal bands I often come across bands that do too much of the typical metal shouting in their songs (it seems Nightwish's style is best suited to my tastes, and not much else is when it comes to metal) so while I like finding music from blogs and the like, I'm always apprehensive about checking out any metal songs by a band I know little about.

I will check out that Pythia song when I get time/my internet starts working faster also, thanks marillion
I actually like the growling vocals best when they're inserted into great symphonic metal.

Early Tristania and ergo Sirenia are the best examples of this. Morten Veland is a great writer, arranger and growler.

Though he's a little less "cookie monster" vocals and a little more "Popeye the Sailor" vocals .
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote