View Single Post
Old July 16 2012, 03:35 PM   #55
Chemahkuu
Vice Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Chemahkuu
Re: Jessica Nigri: Babe of the week #29 (July 2012)

sidious618 wrote: View Post
No one is trying to stop them, they're just trying to point out blatant sexism. No idea what that's a problem for you[G-man].
Thank you.

sidious618 wrote: View Post
The sexist part isn't saying that someone is attractive. It's voting up and down on a woman like she's a piece of meat. Previously, there was at least the hint of the person's acting/career playing a part in this up and down voting but that's clearly gone now. Which may actually be a good thing because now these threads can be what they've always wanted to be: anonymous men on the internet deciding what is and isn't attractive while making snarky remarks about women as if they're inanimate objects that exist only to please you. These threads are the very definition of the male gaze and the reason women feel incredibly more uncomfortable about their appearance than men do when they walk out the door.

The problem isn't that people say, "She's hot." The problem is that people say, "She's ugly." The poll options might as well be "fuck her" and "discard her."

Also, you can keep saying it as if it's fact, but I'm not for closing these threads at all. It's quite illuminating, I think, to see what certain posters post.

But just remember the next time you or Rush Limborg or whoever else decides to complain about modern society, that the line of thought apparent in threads like these is one of the largest problems in our society.

I'm obviously not going to win in this argument, though. I'm going to be told that I'm overreacting or that I'm a feminazi or that I secretly do this to impress women or any of the hundreds of others of excuses that are thrown at men who are feminists. So I'll leave you folks to it and bother you no more.
And very well said, I was going to comment on his "feminazi" remark but thought better of it.