View Single Post
Old July 16 2012, 03:14 PM   #995
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Alpha seems very interesting and it seems Slott did his best to harken back to how Peter got his powers and looped everything together. I agree about Amazing. I've been a regular reader since Slott was named sole writer and it's been the best Spidey stuff in years. Big Time and really the latter part of Brand New Day was pretty good as well.

Oh I forgot...Slott also stated that the Silver Sable arc/incident will be touched upon in the next issue, so looks like we'll get a status update on her. Slott also made the point to go and look at Peter's eyes in the Marvel Now teaser image. So I did...and indeed there is an image of some kind in them, Peter is obviously looking at someone. His costume is tweaked slightly as well. Darker blue it looks like.

Avenging Spider-Man #9: I absolutely adored this issue. Kelly Sue McCormick writes Carol and Peter fantastically in this issue. As a shipper fan of these two I would be absolutely ecstatic if Marvel was ballsy enough to pair these two together. Their banter and mutual respect and admiration for each come out in spades in this issue. The art work is fantastic as well. Carol's new look is just awesome. McCormick at the Spider-Man panel also kind of expressed her enthusiasm for these two and their long history together. I can't wait for the conclusion of this two parter and the "Captain Marvel" ongoing this week.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is online now   Reply With Quote