View Single Post
Old July 15 2012, 06:57 PM   #4499
JacksonArcher
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to JacksonArcher
Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

I was kind of blown away by the Man of Steel Comic-Con trailer.

I thought it was simply beautiful. The first half of the trailer doesn't even seem like Zack Snyder at all. The footage seems like an incredible combination of Terrence Malick and Christopher Nolan. Hans Zimmer's "Journey to the Line" music from The Thin Red Line made everything that much more resonant.

The second half is more typical Snyder to a degree, but even that is more subdued and not as over-the-top as his usual stuff. Which I think is awesome. The fact that everything is naturalistic will make the iconic Superman shots (such as him walking presumably out of the Fortress) that much more epic and grandiose.

Even from this brief 2 minute trailer, everyone seems on top form. Henry Cavill, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, etc., they all seem like they are nailing their parts. Cavill looks particularly regal and majestic as Superman. It looks like he's going to do a wonderful job. Honestly, I was kind of skeptical about Man of Steel given Snyder's involvement, but after watching this trailer - even in crappy quality - I'm considerably more convinced. In fact, I'm downright excited.