View Single Post
Old July 14 2012, 10:00 PM   #288
Jarvisimo
Commander

Re: TP: Raise the Dawn by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Warp Coil wrote: View Post
However, I'm not sure how I feel about wrapping up Sisko's arc as the emissary to the prophets. I thought that it was an important part of the character and I'm curious to see what exactly they plan to do with Sisko in the future to make him stand out.
It is such a dramatic change to the character, especially as he was conceived and discussed by writers and actors (for example in the DS9 companion). But it is interesting - though hopefully he will not become just a starship captain (and family man), but that dynamic (and occasionally unhinged) Brooksian manner will still be present ([I]a la[I] For the Uniform or other non-Emissary when Brooks played that unhinged interpretation).

One thing I found strange - especially based upon how prevalent she was in season 7 - was that the Sarah prophet was completely absent (indeed I can't remember her at all in the Relaunch), but then that can be sidestepped by saying that she was for most of his televised life anyway, and was simply extant that year because she was preparing him for the defeat of the Pah'wraiths and his time in the Temple.