View Single Post
Old July 14 2012, 04:11 AM   #40
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: General Music Thread

Thanks for starting this JayOwl. At another board I post at, they talk about music all the time, yet here other than the "What song are you listening to" thread, I don't know the musical tastes of you guys. Looking forward to following this thread, and maybe posting a thing or two.

Right now, I'm listening to mostly country music (Just bought and am listening to Zac Brown Band's new Album Uncaged ) but always look forward to hearing new recommendations. However, maybe it's just my "Mainstream" tastes in music, but whenever I hear a track from an album that is up for Album of the year on many critic's lists', I can't help but be a little bored. Again, maybe I'm not trying hard enough so musical recommendations are always good.

Can't say I have a favorite artist at the moment, but since I'm been following the country genre the most, I have to say maybe The Band Perry, Little Big Town and Zac Brown Band are my favorites currently. I also still really like the harmonies of The Dixie Chicks and SheDaisy.

As for non-country acts, I do admit to finding Lady Gaga catchy, and wish she would cut back on the get-up. I've seen her before she became Lady Gaga and she is beautiful and has a great voice. The whole Monster thing is just something I don't get.