View Single Post
Old July 13 2012, 10:16 PM   #286
Warp Coil
Rear Admiral

Re: TP: Raise the Dawn by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I finished this book yesterday. I absolutely loved this duology. DRGIII at his finest. He did a marvelous job at weaving in various elements and stories and touching upon so many different things (DS9, the Robinson, the Enterprise, the Romulans, the Dominion, etc.). Naturally, I was most excited about establishing the new status quo for DS9. There's still that annoying jump in time after "The Soul Key" that needs to be properly addressed, but I really like the way DRGIII gave us some of the backstory to fill in some of the missing time, and really developed the current-day characters. Nearly every member of DS9's main cast was given a role (even if only a small one) in these books, with the exception of Ezri. I really like the way Sisko was handled (I was surprised by the dramatic changes to the character in DRG's earlier book, Rough Beasts of Empire but he was explored quite nicely this time around). However, I'm not sure how I feel about wrapping up Sisko's arc as the emissary to the prophets. I thought that it was an important part of the character and I'm curious to see what exactly they plan to do with Sisko in the future to make him stand out.
"I managed to find Uno and Checkers, and also parts of Battleship and most of the pieces of Candy Land, which I figure, I can mix together to create a fabulous new game, CandyShipBattleLand. War never tasted so good." - Lorelai Gilmore
Warp Coil is offline   Reply With Quote