View Single Post
Old July 13 2012, 04:50 AM   #6
Christopher
Writer

Re: Plagues of Night and Raise the Dawn conclusion of the first TP a

RonG wrote: View Post
It should be noted that Destiny did have a kind of multi-novel lead-in both in Titan's first four novels and in TNG's "Borg trilogy".
The TNG novels, yeah, kinda, although I'm pretty certain they weren't planned that way. Destiny was developed after the first three post-NEM TNG novels were already underway -- which is why I was hired to do Greater Than the Sum as a bridge between the two, to tie up the loose ends from the previous TNG books and reset the board, as it were, for Destiny.

But there's no way the TTN novels could be considered a lead-in to DES except in the most generic possible sense that they happened before it and involved some of the same characters. Aside from the first two, they were meant to be standalone, episodic adventures without any significant ties to other ongoing continuity. And there's a pretty enormous time jump, a full eight months, between Sword of Damocles and Destiny.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote