View Single Post
Old July 11 2012, 12:59 PM   #3832
Vice Admiral
View Frontier's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Frontier
Re: The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Admiral_Young wrote: View Post
You won't get the itunes tracks anywhere else, they're exclusive to itunes.

Also there has been score music in "The Dark Knight Rises" trailers and TV spots. There are cues from "Gotham's Reckoning" and other tracks that I recognized. Maybe not everything. Remember too that this is not a "complete" score either. It's just the retail release score.
Oh, I'm sure we'll get those itunes tracks elsewhere... just not legally.

But that's their own fault for making them exclusive to a single service, which is utter bullshit. I'll pay for a digital download; but make it available from multiple retailers. I despise apple and won't deal with them for any reason. So tired of this "everyone (51%) has an (insert type of) account, so we'll just put it out through that!" nonsense.
Because you know, not everyone does have such. Some people don't have facebook, or twitter, or google+ or itunes or whatever else. So maybe stop trying to force everyone to have such by only releasing specific content through specific means, hrm?

Sorry for the (off-topic) anti-corporate-bullshit rant, I just get really pissed off when I hit those same road blocks over and over because I choose not to have my name and address and credit card on file track backed to sixty-two different companies monitoring every key stroke I make. Bad enough to do it with one or two, IMHO. That's as far down that slippery slope I'll go though.

Anyways... to the TDKR score... it's my sincere hope and belief we'll get an expanded score by August. As with TDK. Even though TDKR isn't as hyped, the new legal abilities for hollywood to release expanded scores have been nice. I don't mind double-dipping either, like most.
Me on Tumblr
Me on Twitter

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote