View Single Post
Old July 11 2012, 11:41 AM   #49
Praetor Adele
Commodore

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

I'm going to pitch in, and hopefully I won't come across as too unilateral.

I don't think having a component of the fleet that RPs would be a problem to the rest of us, or anyone at all. It's something you can do while you're and, and we can join or we won't. It's lovely, especially if it gives some distant players a reason to come back. If we are going to look at adding people into the Fleet, I would like to make sure that everyone is aware of who they vouch for, etc, so there will be no need for unpleasant discussions.

As far as building Starbases, there have been two of us putting in serious time on Tribble learning some of the ins and outs of Season 6 as we've seen it so far. One of the nice things is you legitimately seem to get out of it what you put into it.

There are all new pseudo-STFs to run (all of which are quite fun!), which provide neccesary contributions to fleet projects, but anyone with spare DOFFs, Dilithium, Commodities, Fighters, or anything lying around will be able to pitch something in.

Should there be a handful of us who keep on top of how things are going? Sure. But it's not neccesary, and I wouldn't want anyone to seriously worry that a larger roster will slow down how long it takes us to get the shineys. The projects are what they are, people who contribute are great, people who don't don't factor into the equation. If you don't contribute, you don't get what is essentially "fleet cash" and you won't be able to benefit until you've thrown something towards the Greater Good.

If anyone has any questions about my experiences with S6 and Tribble please feel free to post here, or send me an in-game mail. I've gotten a couple of requests for Tribble Fleet invites and I hope those have gotten through.

In Service,