View Single Post
Old July 9 2012, 07:08 PM   #236
Pauln6
Commodore

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Samurai8472 wrote: View Post
Captain Craig wrote: View Post
Guy he was forced to use Venom when his prior script had already been approved.

Saying a non human face as a baddie wouldn't be accepted is a bit WTF excuse that does not jive imo.
Maybe that's why lizard never had a snout in the movie

It's alway interesting to read how avi arad act like the devil on raimis shoulder

"It was really about Peter, Mary Jane, Harry and that new character...
...Avi Arad, my partner and the former president of Marvel at the time, said to me, 'Sam, ... you're not paying attention to the fans enough,'" Raimi said. "'You need to think about them. You've made two movies now with your favorite villains, and now you're about to make another one with your favorite villains. The fans love Venom. He is the fan favorite. All Spider-Man readers love Venom, and even though you came from '70s Spider-Man, this is what the kids are thinking about. Please incorporate Venom. Listen to the fans now.' And so that's really where I realized, 'OK, maybe I don't have the whole Spider-Man universe in my head. I need to learn a little bit more about Spider-Man and maybe incorporate this villain to make some of the real die-hard fans of Spider-Man finally happy.'""
It doesn't surprise that Raimi was aming for Spidey from the 70s, I think this is why I felt he hit the mark. No doubt modern readers and non-readers thought it was cheesy but that is exactly what Spidey was back then.

The black suit was a good opportunity to break up PP & MJ like they did, and it set us up for Venom but tagging him on the end was stupid. I feel the same way about Two-Face in Dark Knight though so clearly my view isn't shared by producers.

Back-to-back 4 & 5 giving Venom & Carnage a decent span would have been really cool actually.

I think the 3 movie deals they use habitually work against these comic franchises. The directors and producers rush to squeeze in as much as they can and then reboot. It's getting annoying.

Changing the cast can work but chainging the tone too much can be a disaster - see Batman & Robin. A darker S3 could have led nicely to ASM without the need to waste 45 minutes on retelling the origin story. Oh well, what's done is done.

I'm still keeping everything crossed that Singer isn't done with the original X-men movie timeline...

Other Worlds Role Playing Game
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/produc...ducts_id=97631
Pauln6 is offline   Reply With Quote