View Single Post
Old July 9 2012, 05:10 PM   #57
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Farscape... I am liking this series...

Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
The weirdest thing for me regarding objections to Farscape's puppets is simply how universally Yoda is beloved.
Not universally, but the complaints I've heard generally focus on the CGI version of the prequels. Everyone loves the muppet.
Well, I've also heard of people having issues with the puppet used in The Phantom Menace, but that was a reaction to that specific puppet, not to the idea that a puppet Zen master is inherently too silly to watch.

If you can buy Yoda, I can't process why you can't buy Rygel is the gist of my argument there. (Dislike Rygel, sure, but what's wrong with his puppetry?)

A family living in space, with Dad being an astronaut and Mom being an alien warrior woman, has just as much chance of being appealing as any premise I could think of. You wouldn't need to know how the heck Dad got out there, other than, "he got lost." The family is just the group around which adventures occur,.
So... Lost In Space. Yeah, I guess I could see that. They'd want new characters and all, though.