View Single Post
Old July 8 2012, 09:58 PM   #173
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: All about T'Pol

Commander Mel wrote: View Post
Duncan MacLeod wrote: View Post
The illusion was the socks that padded out her bra in seasons 1 and 2, not so much in 3. Season 4 was just Jolene with no added padding as I understand it.
Yeah she was notably smaller in season 4, I just thought she had lost weight.
Not at all in season 3, I don't think. In the first season 3 episode, The Xindi, in the first neuro-pressure scene with her and Trip, it is real obvious she is is not only "padless" under the blue silk jammies, she is completely braless as well.

And just as an aside, in an appearance on the Howard Stern Show, Jolene stated that her cup size was only a "B", but "they" might look a bit larger because the rest of her was so small.

teacake wrote: View Post
I like how secretive she is. She hides her vulnerabilities,
I think I know what you mean here and to an extent I agree, but the irony is that not being able to hide her vulnerabilities is one of the things that defined the character. Jolene, who I do think was somewhat limited as an actor, was able to present this aspect of T'Pol so realistically that it caused me to start liking T'pol towards the end of season 2, and loving the character by season 4.

There was something about this otherwise self reliant and strong character who so often appeared to need a "hug", that just broke me down.

Starting with Strange New World and then The Andorian Incident, Fusion, and Breaking the Ice, continuing to season 2 with Carbon Creek (T'Mir/T'Pol), The Seventh, leading into all of season 3, we are shown that T'Pol, even more than Spock, was quite vulnerable and just that more likable as a character.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote