View Single Post
Old July 7 2012, 07:23 AM   #141
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

AvBaur wrote: View Post
One reason why there might be tensions between Webb and the studio is that the film seems to have been reworked significantly shortly before release:

http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/05/w...ng-spider-man/

I noticed some of these things as well as I was watching the film, but they didn't detract from my enjoyment of it too much.
Wow, that was an interesting read. Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me because I noticed some of those things missing, particularly Peter losing his drive to find Uncle Ben's killer and the mystery behind his parents' death and/or absence, as well as the lack of the Connors' family despite being cast. I am disappointed, however, that the studio (or whoever) decided to do this last minute edit of the film and I agree with the author of the article that it negatively impacts the film (although I would still have some of the issues I talked about in my review).

trekkiebaggio wrote: View Post
IGN had this article which speculates about what the end-credits scene means.

I've long championed Mysterio to be the villain so I hope it's him. Electro would be visually interesting as well.

His father is a strong possibility too given that storyline is going to span the next films.
I really hope it doesn't turn out to be Richard Parker because that's a major deviation from the comics but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote