Old July 7 2012, 06:16 AM   #79
Silvercrest
Rear Admiral

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

SchwEnt wrote: View Post
Oh there's so much to write...

I'll just stick to one thing--Shinzon.
He is ALL over the place.

He's dying, very soon. He needs Picard for some blood transfusion thing to survive. Shinzon will DIE without Picard's blood. Survival should be Job #1 for Shinzon. But it's not... in fact, he battles and otherwise endangers Picard's life and therefore his own.

He resents and hates the Romulans who imprisoned him in the mines. You'd think his beef would be against those who tormented him his whole life. But it's not.

Instead, he's got to destroy the Federation and wipe out the Earth. What's that all about? What's Shinzon's gripe against the Feds?

He's also got this great revolution to lead, his Reman brothers need to be freed from slavery and oppression. Add that to his to-do list.

Then he's got some personal grudge against Picard, where he can't be his own man unless Picard dies. So Picard must be destroyed for Shinzon to live, but first Picard must live to provide the transfusion to save Shinzon, then Picard can die.

Meanwhile, between dying and misplaced revenge motives and sweeping attacks against enemies and space battles, he finds time to mind-rape Troi, too. Is that just to add "evil" for the plot, or does Shinzon have other problems, too?

I don't know what the hell this guy is supposed to be about or what he needs to do or what's his plan or why.
And you know what else? If Picard & Co. had waited an extra week to arrive, the threat would have been over.

Joker wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post

Fans can find the weirdest reasons to dislike what they love. So yeah, for some it will be very hard to be pleased by anything.
But you know what I find REALLY FUNNY? How the haters seem to be able to explain in detail the scenes they didn't like.
There's nothing remarkable about being able to explain why you didn't like something, particularly if it was at the time something you were really looking forward to liking.
Anyway, you're supposed to knock a critic for not knowing the material. You don't knock him for knowing it.

R. Star wrote: View Post
Sometimes I honestly just think Paramount would be well served hiring a "fan consultant" to proof-read scripts for glaringly obvious errors.
"Hire"? You think it would be necessary to pay money?

Sulu wrote: View Post
I think the whole cast and crew were feeling a little over reliant on egg soup ( a practice they picked up from the Shatner.) Egg soup is a serious depressant if taken in too big a dose. This contributed to the poor quality of the screenwriting and performances, resulting in a rather weak effort.
I had no idea spambots were so advanced these days.
Silvercrest is offline   Reply With Quote