View Single Post
Old July 6 2012, 03:00 AM   #93
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: Does anyone else dislike Keiko O'brien?

FWIW, I was mostly referring to the recent batch of posters who seemed to have little to do besides smile and nod and say, "Yeah, Keiko's a total b@tch!"

Anyway it strikes me as totally realistic that she could have agreed to the move to DS9 because, even despite whatever reports she received regarding the condition of the station, she either wasn't as prepared as she thought she'd be or over time it wore her down more than she expected. At least she had the sense to get off the station when things got too hard for her, rather than sticking around and making things even worse.

In any case, from a writing standpoint it wouldn't make much sense for us to see her in episodes where everything between her and Miles was perfect all the time, just as on forums people are less prone to start threads when everything's going well than they are when there are things that they take issue with.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote