View Single Post
Old July 5 2012, 10:16 PM   #43
Candlelight
Admiral

Re: Currently working through the missing episode audios...

THE REIGN OF TERROR
8/10

I made the decision that I wasn't going to listen to the 'over-fifty-percenters' (The Reign of Terror, The Tenth Planet, The Ice Warriors and The Invasion) in their entirity, but after hearing Marco Polo right the way through I decided I would make an exception for this story.

The season one historicals are very good, it has to be said and The Reign of Terror is no exception. Sadly only The Aztecs is complete (a story I have still yet to see!) and it's a real shame the two missing episodes pop up right when the story hits high gear. I remember purchasing the VHS in the early 2000s and really enjoying the story, the first episode in particular is well written, has good pacing and for once, an honest-to-god actual decent cliffhanger! I sold the VHS with the rest of my collection about four years later but always enjoyed this story.

My only gripe is the script would bounce between first and last names, and I'd often forget that Lyon was a traitor but then Colbert got shot - then remembering that the guy's name was Lyon Colbert! Such a pity that from The Romans next season the production team began to see Historicals as merely comedic fillers.

Next up, I think I'll dive in and tackle the one story I've always found dull and lifeless - The Space Pirates...