Thread: Ancient Aliens
View Single Post
Old July 5 2012, 09:04 PM   #64
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Ancient Aliens

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
Where did I ever say they needed to come to Earth? We have a lot of telescopes pointed at the sky, which are getting more powerful all the time, and we've never seen even one tiny shred of evidence for intelligent life outside Earth.
Primitive Earth technology.

If there is intelligent life out there, there is some reason we haven't found it: it's too far away (meaning it is relatively rare)
It's an infinite universe. There's plenty of room. There could be a hundred intelligent federations out there and yet be so far apart that they'd never encounter each other in a billion years.

it is not capable of interstellar flight (which means it is difficult enough that hardly anyone can do it), or it simply never exists contemporaneously with us (again, pointing to the rarity or at least short-lived nature of such civilizations.)
Perhaps they're hiding.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is offline   Reply With Quote