View Single Post
Old July 5 2012, 08:58 PM   #21
Green Lantern
Fleet Captain

Re: If annother Trek series was being made, what would you want in it?

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Personally, I'd want a series set around 2462 aboard an Enterprise-H. I'd like it to be a bit more daring than previous Trek shows, while still retaining a sense of fun. I'd like it to have a smaller cast of regulars (about five or six), and for them to be more than just their job descriptions. I'd also like to see a wide range of stories from dramatic, to non-stop action, to humorous, to even horrifying. It can still tell stories that offer food for thought, but also have stories about just blowing a lot of up sometimes.

And while the series can still go about exploring strange new worlds, etc., it also can show life within the Federation and Starfleet too. I'd also be the series where the main characters--including the captain--can be written or killed off if the story demands it.
I second this.
dryjoy wrote: View Post
I must admit I liked the sound of the 'Star Trek: Federation' idea that was nearly but not pitched to the studio. I like the idea of dealing with a federation that is in decline.

I'd also like to see a series set in the far future, with the 'temporal directive' or whatever it's called in force. Perhaps explore in depth the characters and concepts from the far future that we meet in Enterprise in real depth.

Personally, I like the darker story lines so I'm all for a bit of doom & gloom. I'd like to see more moral ambiguity in Trek.

Perhaps a spin-off series set in 'Section 31'. I guess this could be any era really.
Good, annother fan of darker storylines. Just what I'm pushing for.
Green Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote