View Single Post
Old July 5 2012, 03:17 PM   #38
Christopher
Writer

Re: Futurama Season 7 Discussion Thread

I found this a mostly mediocre episode that didn't hold together very well. I mean, if the plan was to "help" Calculon win the acting contest, they didn't really do anything to help. All they did was ask him to help them. And then they just stood there and let Cobb's ego get inflated by the audience acclaim -- at least they could've booed him from the side of the stage, or better yet, tried to undermine his performance by sabotaging the lights or curtains or distracting him somehow. Given how much was at stake, the gang made virtually no attempt to turn things in their favor, and that's just lazy writing.

The one thing I really liked was the part where Calculon did Romeo's death scene and they let Maurice LaMarche actually play it straight instead of doing his usual Calculon ham routine. It was a good showcase for LaMarche as an actor, though a questionable fit to the character.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote