View Single Post
Old July 5 2012, 03:11 PM   #777
Shamrock Bones
Agent Richard07

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

197. The Next Three Days: (✩✩✩✩½) - DVD - A man's wife has been falsely accused of murder and ends up in prison. With little hope but to have her rot there, he then hatches a plan to break her out and escape with her and their child. Stars Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks. This was a seriously good thriller and I can find little fault with it. I'd have given it 5 stars, but I reserve that for movies that have something special that sends it completely over the top. This one is pretty damn good though.

198. The Amazing Spider-Man: (✩✩✩) - Theatre - Not a mind blowing superhero movie and it doesn't bring anything new or fresh to the table for Spider-Man, but I still enjoyed the movie well enough. I talk more about the movie here.

199. Date Night: (✩✩✩) - DVD - A regular New Jersey couple (Steve Carell and Tina Fey) do out on one of their regular date nights and find that they can't get seated, so they take someone else's reservations. As it turns out, the people who's reservations they stole are in a lot of trouble with some very bad people. Hilarity ensues as our couple spends the night on the run. Mark Wahlberg, James Franco, Mila Kunis, Ray Liotta and Mark Ruffalo also have small roles. On one hand, the movie has a lot of stuff that's just glossed over or totally contrived just to keep the story going, but on the other, it has a few laugh-out-loud moments that I really liked. Unfortunately, the humor doesn't balance out the illogic and poor structure, so I can't call this a great movie. It's enjoyable, but not great.

Theatre: 10
DVD/Blu-Ray: 74
Live TV: 81
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 25
Internet: 4
Shamrock Bones is offline   Reply With Quote