Old July 5 2012, 01:15 AM   #838
RAMA
Vice Admiral

Re: PROMETHEUS - Grade and Discuss

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
RAMA wrote: View Post
I love the controversy...
what's the controversy?

I really enjoyed the movie, there are definitely some flaws, but so far its the best summer movie Ive seen,
Check out Moonrise Kingdom. It's fantastic.

I look forward to more "gap-filling" in the sequel(likely since it is approaching $300 million). Genuinely like a movie that doesn't explain everything to the audience!
I like those movies too. But the things that needed explaining are stupid... like why are their idiots on this mission. Unless, of course, the movie is satire.

With just over 100,000 ratings, Prometheus seems to be doing quite well on IMDB, with a 7.6 rating. I don't think the perception that it wasn't well received by the audience is reality.

RAMA
Meh. Who cares. I'm not seeing the next one.
My biggest gripe is the crew...in Alien, the crew was portrayed as malcontents on a long, boring, even tedious journey, but they were crewman, not professionals in their scientific fields, I didn't understand why they were shown as malcontents as well...even if they didn't believe in the ultimate goal of the mission, they were there to do a job.

I think the elements that are in Prometheus make it even more interesting than the classic Alien movie, even with a few jumps in logic..

The controversy is about the choices made by Ridley not to explain much of what was happening...or leaving out concepts they talked about in great detail but left out. The religious and mythological aspects of the movie...and the origin of intelligent life on Earth. Why the engineers wanted Earth destroyed, et al.

RAMA