View Single Post
Old July 4 2012, 04:55 AM   #75
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Trekker4747,

I don't quite agree with your review up above, however one interesting thing you brought up got me to thinking. I think Amazing Spider-Man might have worked better not retelling the origin. I liked your suggestion of just starting it early in the career of Spider-Man, and perhaps telling the origin in dialogue or flashback. Not retelling the origin would've helped the film stand out even more than I think it already did from the Raimi films.

Some of the issues I had with the film stemmed from what I felt was muddling the origin story. Didn't like that Peter didn't have the confrontation with the robber; didn't like Uncle Ben trying to stop the robber on the street either. Also didn't like that Peter went sneaking off and got bitten by a genetically enhanced spider instead of it being a random accident, which could have happened to anyone. But the Amazing Spider-Man is no longer an everyman. Perhaps that's what left me a bit indifferent to the film. I want to like it, and I do, just not as much as I feel I should.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote