View Single Post
Old July 4 2012, 02:21 AM   #72
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

It's an enjoyable enough movie. The first half is average superhero origin type stuff. Peter Parker is a social misfit at school, he gains superpowers, he shows off, getting revenge on those who bullied him and giving douchebags everywhere a hard time. To be honest, this is the kind of thing you see all the time and it bored me.

Thankfully, once that's out of the way and he properly becomes Spider-Man and they get the storyline rolling it becomes an engaging and at times pretty cool movie. And really, overall my only real complaint is that none of the teenage characters look like teenagers, but then what else can you expect.

Although I did enjoy it, I wouldn't say I was blown away by it either, but that's probably because I'm not that big a Spidey fan. It is much better than the Rami movies. Of course, I only saw the first one there, being so turned off by it that I didn't bother with the other two. Though I hear they didn't exactly get glowing reviews.