View Single Post
Old July 3 2012, 12:32 AM   #160
MatthiasRussell
Fleet Captain

Re: Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Stoek wrote: View Post

I should like to respectfully suggest that you may be a touch limited in the scope of your imagination. The parallels you draw are not inapt to be certain. But I think perhaps you underestimate the authors and their commitment (as demonstrated by the stories they tell) to keeping Trek, Trek.
There is no need to insult me and my imagination which I assure you is extremely healthy and capable of understanding a wide range of theories and concepts.

As I expressed, I understand that the authors I have had contact with have no desire to see Star Trek become a universe of continuous war stories but that doesn't mean editors and producers share that sentiment. Part of the theory behind the latest Trek films is Star Trek needs a little Star Wars. It is is easy to imagine Star Trek falling down the slope into warfare. It is easy to see how the foundation is laid for this to happen. I know the intention of creating the Typhon Pact by the authors who did so was not to create an adversary.

Most alliances are formed to prevent war rather than create it. But when events happen to foment war, those same alliances become a means of maintaining and growing it.