View Single Post
Old July 2 2012, 08:53 AM   #36
Tiberius
Commodore

Re: In zombie films, how come nobody has ever...

Takeru wrote: View Post
Tiberius wrote: View Post
Not really accurate though. The ZSG refutes each one of the points.
I can refute the ZSG:

It's made up!

Using the ZSG to refute claims in other zombie fiction is ridiculous, it's like me using my Star Trek Technical Manual to explain that space travel in Stagate shouldn't work.
Trek and Gate are two different universes. But zombie movies and the ZSG are both talking about zombies.

But anyway, a lot of it is just common sense.

Given that zombies can infect other life forms with the zombie virus and given that they are insanely strong, predation on them is unlikely to work well.

The point about zombies freezing solid and rethawing in the cold rather than being destroyed by the cold still stands.

Likewise, my fourth point also still stands. The zombie disease, whatever causes it, will be transmitted by any infectious material, unless we are talking about voodoo zombies.

And likewise, zombies are regularly depicted as being able to withstand vast amounts of damage. When was the last time you saw a zombie killed by a shotgun blast to the belly?

And my point about it being fairly difficult to kill a Z also stands. Headshots and destruction of the brain are regularly depicted as the only way to reliably kill a Z. And that's not the easiest thing to do.
Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote