View Single Post
Old July 1 2012, 09:59 PM   #135
Mage
Fleet Captain

Re: Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

DEWLine wrote: View Post
Looks like Doug Drexler showed us not the new station, but perhaps the construction office overseeing the building of the new station. Am I wrong?

Well, the description of the station at the end of the novels is completely different then what we see on the cover. I'm just guessing they didn't have time/resources to completely design a new station. And I'm glad of it. The station at the cover is just a standard administration station. The new DS9 should be something unique.

In any case, I voted outstanding for not just this, but the duology as a whole.
To me, things were left in a good enough place that, if DS9 and its crew were to never again be featured in Treklit whatsoever, I'm fine with that (even though I will always be a Niner at heart), but would definatly not mind more of it.

I'll be a bit vague from now on, so as not to spoil to much, but there will be some spoilers ahead, so be warned!!

SPOILERS DOWN HERE!!!!

So yeah, I finished this book in two days. Couldn't put it down. To me, it proved again that DRGIII is not only one of the better Treklit authors, who also has a grasp of the DS9 characters. Here's hoping he'll have another change to write them.