View Single Post
Old July 1 2012, 07:14 PM   #45
the G-man
Commodore

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

davejames wrote: View Post
Warped9 wrote: View Post
the G-man wrote: View Post
A few more reviews....

critics are divided down the middle on Sony's 'Spider-Man' reboot: The consensus is not unlike Parker's own superhero career: rocky at points, healthy at times and flat-out "amazing" in other areas.

Spidey Peters out: hardly awful but not coming close to living up to that adjective in the title either. Sometimes dull and mostly uninspired, it’s much less a satisfying reboot like “Batman Begins’’ than a pointless rehash in the mode of “Superman Returns.’’

Marc Webb's new Spider-Man is the superhero film for the Twilight generation: On paper Gwen might be the love interest, but in many ways she’s the main character, giving us a human perspective on the superhuman drama.

Looks like there are some positive reviews but the fact this is being viewed as essentially a remake of a ten year old film is doing the production no favors.
Nothing I read there is encouraging. I'm still left with the same sense of ambivalence.
Well yeah, but those are the negative reviews.....
Apparently, you failed to notice my link to an article that said critics were divided, with some saying positive things about the film. Furthermore, the last link was to a positive review as well. Of course, part of the reason that critic liked the film was because it "Twilighted" Spidey to make it more appealing to teenaged girls.
the G-man is offline   Reply With Quote