View Single Post
Old July 1 2012, 10:43 AM   #53
Blip
Fleet Captain

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Starfleet Academy is a four year course, right? We saw Picard with hair after he graduated and was awaiting assignment in "Tapestry". He was in the usual maroon dress uniform of the era.

The pic in Nemesis shows Picard in the cadet jumpsuit, giving up to FOUR YEARS for the guy to grow his hair back after having shaved it off.
Ignoring the questionable issue over hair for a moment: The uniform that Picard is wearing in that photo is for enlisted servicemen. Not for officers-in-training. It isn't even for an enlisted trainee - the collar is black instead of the correct red.

Apart from that, I agree with just about every other issue raised about this film (and have a few of my own...) Overall I even liked Insurrection better, insofar as the quality of the directing, editing, acting, and heck even the script!

What I actually did like about NEM was a much shorter list:

The score by Goldsmith had a few nice callbacks to TMP, which is arguably one of the best he ever composed.

The bridge was a little improved in terms of the colour scheme (the LCARS in particular after they got rid of those weird orange and purple overtones).

The Valdore (despite the crap name) was a nice looking ship, and it meant we had something new for the Romulans... finally!
For those determined to contort yourselves into knots so as to include every minor production flub as gospel, and shoehorn it into "cannnonnnnn": STOP. I don't have all day to waste on here; I quite like enjoying real life thankyouverymuch.
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote