View Single Post
Old June 30 2012, 09:46 PM   #128
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: Typhon Pact: Raise the Dawn by DRGIII Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Is the new station still called Deep Space Nine, or does it have a new name?
According to the last line of the book,

shanejayell wrote: View Post
Finished. DAMN good book, very very good.

*madly claps*

One thing that's annoying me in reader responces is "Bacco being stupid" comments. Do keep in mind that as readers we have MUCH more information than she does. She's making the best calls she can make, and with the information she has they're good calls.

WE know Kamemor is good hearted, but Bacco DOESN'T. All she knows is she negotiated with her in good faith and got screwed. So I don't have any problems with how she was portrayed.

My opinion, anyway.
I should clarify that I didn't actually think Bacco was being stupid, per se, but was rather using "Bacco being stupid" as a shorthand to stand in for what other people had said here about her behavior. I do think she let her anger get the better of her just a little bit. But just a little bit. Her behavior was entirely understandable and believable, and generally to her credit as a president.

It was interesting seeing her depicted like this, though. Until now, Bacco has never really had the wool pulled completely over her eyes from what is actually going on. So it was interesting to see her make a (potentially very costly) mistake.

I do wish we could have seen her reconciliation with Kamemor, though.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote