View Single Post
Old June 30 2012, 05:40 AM   #38
C_Miller
Captain

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

I'm actually pretty excited about this one. Certainly not the same level of anticipation as Avengers and Dark Knight Rises, which we've all been invested in for years (2005 for DKR and 2008 for Avengers).

But I'll consider myself a Spider-Man fan. And this Spider-Man fan never really enjoyed the Raimi films. I never really liked Tobey McGuire. Something about him rubbed me the wrong way. I thought Kirsten Dunst was horribly miscast. She was okay in the first film, but just okay. It went down hill from there. And they also fell into the trap of superhero films being about the villain's character arc, rather than the hero's. I hate that. In fact all of the favorite superhero films are more about the hero than the villain now that I think about it.

All of them had good qualities, mostly from the supporting cast. Jameson, Aunt May, Uncle Ben, Harry (until the 3rd film), were standouts. But that's not enough to make a film.

So I'm kind of glad they're rebooting and from what I see, this looks pretty good.
Tons of Titles still available!
C_Miller is offline   Reply With Quote