View Single Post
Old June 29 2012, 03:24 PM   #4586
Derishton
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Okay, I've read Batman Inc now. Oh hoho. Delicious.

The concert can't be Woodstock now; the stage seems to point to something like Live-Aid, with the world in the shape of musical instruments and the fundraising. Love the panel where R'as' eyes have little Batmans in them. I should know who the girl in the blue sweater is standing behind Batman and scowling (on the page where Batman "rescues" Talia) - is she the Batwoman Kathy Kane fought in Batman Inc part 1?

I read the Birth of the Demon trade DC released last year, containing the O'Neill stuff. We both see Talia's mother die at the hands of the rogue follower, and we hear she died of an overdose, across the three books collected here (IIRC). So the possibility that she's alive is a further complication indeed.

Also: I, Vampire 10. More holycrapholycrapholycrap. It's always been a beautiful series, but this issue has some battle scenes that are gorgeous. I also think the conversation between the professor and the Van Helsing leader was great, especially the latter's sense of the "long view" - "supers" are just the next vampires.

Last edited by Derishton; June 29 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Derishton is offline   Reply With Quote