View Single Post
Old June 28 2012, 08:01 PM   #31
JD
Admiral

Re: Futurama Season 7 Discussion Thread

Christopher wrote: View Post

The thing that bugged me the most was the way the episode embraced the lazy, ignorant stereotype of Africa = jungle and animals. Africa is the most diverse continent on Earth in geography, climate, culture, and ethnicity. It has plenty of major, modern cities, so there's no reason 31st-century Africa couldn't have looked as high-tech and urbanized as most other locations they visit. At the very least, Kenya's ecosystem is savannah and steppe, not jungle.

I did like the continuity nod to Bender's Big Score -- that they figured out time travel by finding a record of the code Bender used in that film.
I had the same thought when they went to Africa. I was expecting some kind of Africa themed city, and all we got was a hospital in the middle of a jungle. I thought the rest of the episode was pretty good, although I do agree that it probably won't hold up real well in years to come due to all of the current events based humor.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is online now   Reply With Quote