View Single Post
Old June 28 2012, 01:15 PM   #149
C.E. Evans
Vice Admiral

Re: The operational status of NCC 1701-A...?

MacLeod wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
Quite probably so. But if Picard considered any arbitrary bridge layout "Constitution class", the scene would lose much of its meaning.
I see no reason to believe that. Picard would have known it was the original Enterprise bridge no matter what simply by Scotty's presence there.
I find it difficult to believe that Starfleet would keep any TOS configuration ships in active duty in the 2290s, two decades after the first verified refit of one.
Exactly my initial point, they wouldn't, so it would have been a refitted version in the Museum.
Why, the Enterprise might have been the first Constiution Class ship to have gone through the refit process. After which Starfleet could have determine that it was more efficent to just build new ones from scratch rather than refitting exisiting ones, and just retired the old configuration ones. Placing one in the Fleet Musuem.

Or they simply wanted to preserve one as it was.
I think if there was any ship they would have done that to, it would have been NCC-1701. Otherwise, it makes more sense to put one of the last Constitution-class ships in the Museum once they all started to be retired from active service.