View Single Post
Old June 28 2012, 12:26 AM   #20
Lord Garth
Captain

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

"Hate" is too strong of a word. I just don't care for NEM.

The trailer left me underwhelmed, the idea that the Romulans were the adversaries (which turned out not to be the case) left me underwhelmed, and Shinzon wasn't as interesting as he should've been as a Picard clone.

There wasn't any follow-up to DS9. I know it's a TNG movie, but excluding some glimpes on VOY, we hadn't seen the Post-War AQ. In 2002, I was interesting in seeing something more about that than we did.

I would've left in the character scenes that were cut and lost some of the boring, numbing action sequences.

B-4 was annoying.

What I did like about Nemesis: The soundtrack is terrific. Chilling in some areas. Credit deserves to be given where it's due.

With NEM, Data was at his best in the TNG movies. I don't care if they pretended he never had the emotion chip. I never liked the emotion chip anyway. I'm glad the whole issue was left alone and kept out of the film.

I don't have a problem with Worf returning to Starfleet either. Even as I was watched the DS9 finale in 1999, I didn't think Ambassadorship would agree with him.

It looked like peace might be achieved the Federation and the Romulan Empire.

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
I had no idea what it was going to be about other than Romulans and spaceships crashing from the TV commercials, so everything was fresh with no preconceptions.
I knew what FC was about, I even read part of a leaked script. It made me even more excited and interested in the film. I was already picturing the scenes in my head and couldn't wait to see them. Knowing more doesn't always lead to negative expectations. What I knew about NEM simply didn't impress me as much as what I knew about FC.

Last edited by Lord Garth; June 28 2012 at 12:37 AM.
Lord Garth is offline   Reply With Quote