View Single Post
Old June 27 2012, 12:58 AM   #7
jayrath
Fleet Captain

Re: Why is Nemesis hated so much?

Kuro Pit wrote: View Post
Seriously i enjoyed Nemesis. It had alot of good things in it. Though it did have some flaws (B4 for example) I thought it was a good movie, and the Best of all the TNG films.
It's all been said many times before, and you may wish in the future to use the "search" function to see what others have already stated about various topics.

First of all, I'm very glad that you enjoyed the movie.

For me and others, I think we primarily have problems with the quality of writing, particularly with characters acting out-of-character. For example, I was lost with "Shut up" and the dune buggy chase.

What really salted the wound, though, was that Spiner and Stewart blamed the fans for failing to appreciate "The Picard-Data Show," a term I think I coined (no great honor -- it was there for all of us to see). In other words, the two stars with script approval made it all about themselves.

While many here rag on Shatner, I hope they'll notice that he went way out of his way to give everyone good moments in TFF. If we had had the barest glimpse of similar cast camaraderie in NEM, I know that my own feelings toward it would be much warmer.

It's a fiction, of course, that TOS had an ensemble cast (it was just the Big Three -- the rest were day players), but that really was the case with TNG. And the concept was betrayed. It's ironic that with every movie Kirk became less of a romantic/action lead, and that Picard became more and more of one.

So when you get right down to it, NEM was not TNG. Maybe that's a good thing. For you it is, and that's great. For me, I paid for my ticket and popcorn to see TNG.
jayrath is offline   Reply With Quote