View Single Post
Old June 26 2012, 09:51 PM   #16
Zulu Romeo
is doing this now

Re: Faith in Humanity Restoration Thread

thestrangequark wrote: View Post
Zion, that second video was especially striking to me too. I never saw the ad growing up in America, but I instantly recognized the speech, as Pink Floyd sampled it for one of their songs! (Thanks, dad. )
One of my mutual followers on Twitter (we follow each other) said the same thing to me about that advert this morning - something of a meta-moment, as it had been the first time for ages that we had communicated on Twitter, and after something of a rough patch on my part of late, I'm slowly returning to the general fold. Funnily enough, I'd never heard "Keep Talking" before until today. Nevertheless, the advert's message is something that has stuck with me forever, and, of late, is something I really should have heeded.

And on a related note, although not a personal story, news item, or other anecdotal thing, this thread and the ensuing topic of conversation reminds me of this particular mashup, and a favourite of mine (I think I've posted it before). Although an excellent example of how at a technical level the whole can be greater than the sum of its parts, this particular composition made made me appreciate better the messages of the individual songs involved, and that more often than not we really are all in this together.

Have a listen:

Zulu Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote