View Single Post
Old June 26 2012, 02:01 PM   #237
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter produced by Tim Burton in the work

Gryffindorian wrote: View Post
I wanted to see this movie over the weekend, but to my surprise and disappointment, it had limited showtimes and locations in my area. I may either see it next week or just wait for the DVD.

Meanwhile ...
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter may not have been critically well received, taking in a less than impressive $16.3 million at the box office during its opening weekend, but its co-producer Tim Burton and writer Seth Grahame-Smith are already planning a series of sequels. Grahame-Smith is slated to write and publish at least five more books within the next five years, a project which he describes as the “American Presidents: Dark Anthology” series that began with his novel-turned-motion picture, Lincoln. Studio executives announced Monday that they have reached a tentative deal with Grahame-Smith to film the yet-to-be-penned anthology books, and Burton also agreed to co-produce at least two more films with the author.

“Working with Seth on this [project] was a great collaborative experience, and I can’t wait to do it again,” said Burton during a recent interview with Access Hollywood.

The five historical fiction novels will again feature former U.S. presidents (and one incumbent) with the following working titles.

FDR: Werewolf Slayer– The wheelchair-bound and only four-term Commander-in-Chief who led the country from the Depression and through the last days of World War II will be packing silver bullets. And he’s out to get the Nazis and their lycanthropic allies! “The only thing we have to fear is not werewolves, but fear itself!”

JFK: Alien Terminator– The 1960s was a remarkable decade, and little was known to the American people that aliens indeed walked among us! And Schwarzenegger was not the first man in history to carry the title of “Terminator.” The charismatic president declares, “Ask not what aliens can do to you, but what you can do to aliens!”

Ronald Reagan: Ghostbuster– During the Cold War era of the 1980s, the U.S.S.R. employed nefarious ghosts to spy on the White House and the Pentagon to gather intelligence and scare the living daylights out of Americans. Says Reagan, “Mr. Gorbachev, I will bring down these spooks!”

Bill Clinton: Zombie Assassin– This Democratic president’s two terms in the White House were plagued with evil, flesh-eating reanimated dead people. Clinton declares, “I did not have relations with that zombie, Ms. Lewinsky …”

Barack Obama: Robot Destroyer – Unemployment, health care, Social Security: these are but a few issues that the Chief Executive must deal with during his administration. Yet terrorism has a new face as a group of militants build an army of robots to attack Washington, DC. Can President Obama overcome this cybernetic menace? “Yes I can!”
Out of curiosity, what is your source on this? I did a Google search on all those titles, and this thread was the top result in most cases. Likewise, a search for Seth Grahame-Smith didn't reveal anything either.

Although there is a surprisingly large amount of websites connecting FDR to werewolves.