Thread: The Newsroom.
View Single Post
Old June 26 2012, 02:04 AM   #12
Bomber Harris
Re: The Newsroom.

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
I get that to make things exciting and live up to the fast-paced tempo of a Sorkin show some compromises are going to have to be made, but I hope in the future a slightly more realistic approach to attaining and confirming sources based on days, weeks, and months of rigorous research and back and forth discussions with often uncooperative sources worried about their jobs will be depicted.
I'm pretty sure it will be. As Jim Parker (is that the character's name?) said it was the first time he got that lucky concerning his sources. I think they just needed something big to start off the show.

The monologue at the beginning was awesome. I found myself answering the college girl's question about what makes America the greatest nation on earth with "it isn't" and then he said all the right things. He might have a romanticised view of the past, though. But that's par for the course with Sorkin, I guess.
There is a certain unrealistic element to the show - the totally crazy but brilliant characters, the idealism - but that's true for The West Wing as well. I really liked this one and I'm looking forward to more.
Now with a theme tune.
Bomber Harris is online now   Reply With Quote