View Single Post
Old June 24 2012, 04:13 PM   #153
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: The All-New DALLAS!

billcosby wrote: View Post
Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
I have a practical question. Is this season 15 (ala Doctor Who), since it's a continuation? 15 assuming the ignoring of the TV movies.
I read a quote from Patrick Duffy (Bobby) somewhere earlier today, something to the effect of "we want the viewer to think that the show's been on the air all these years and the viewer forgot which channel it was on" - or something to that effect. Elsewhere I believe it was referred to unofficially as season 15. That's up to the viewer, maybe.
I saw an interview where Duffy said that this is the same Dallas, but it's 2012. He also referred to this season as "season 14". Any "season 15" reference comes from the 5-episode mini series that started it all being retroactively counted as season 1.

billcosby wrote: View Post
I can't recall the two made for TV movies however, something about Sue Ellen ending up with all the riches and ownership to Ewing Oil? It certainly doesn't seem like that in the premiere.
She and Bobby bought Ewing Oil at the end of the first movie. As it turned out, J.R. was manipulating events to get Bobby back into the business (or so he says) and Ewing Oil back into the family, but didn't count on Sue Ellen getting in on the game too.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote