View Single Post
Old June 23 2012, 08:36 AM   #202
Psion
Commodore

View Psion's Twitter Profile
Re: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter produced by Tim Burton in the work

I liked the movie. I'll give it a solid B. Visually, the film felt off for a lot of scenes, but Ben Walker did a great job with the Lincoln character.

I would like to have seen more of Adam's background. As the chief antagonist, he came across as a bit sketchy. But I got a kick out of the character and his ambitions.

Apparently, there are differences between the book's ending and the movie's. I'd say that I would have loved the book's ending ... I turned to my wife near the end and whispered, "Hey, I wonder if Henry will [spoilers]"

I saw it in 3D, and as I said, the film didn't work well visually in some scenes. Many were murky and hard to make out details. That's to be expected in a vampire flick, but much of it felt low budget. The 3D gags were mostly tired, but they played with the concept; including bats that flew away from the camera instead of towards it, and distracting dust particles that slowly drifted around in dialog-intensive scenes.

Glad I saw it. Worth the money. Will eventually own on disc. Will probably read the book now.