View Single Post
Old June 22 2012, 10:03 PM   #66
Relayer1
Rear Admiral

Re: TOS: That Which Divides by Dayton Ward Review Thread (Spoilers!)

RonG wrote: View Post
Relayer1 wrote: View Post
This novel actually does go a small way towards rectifying one of my issues however, namely that the TOS era is much less well developed and interlinked than the 24th century.
as shown by Vanguard, there's a whole lot to explore in the TOS era - probably more so than the "current" 24th century era (post-Nemesis), which is already being developed to a great degree.

Also, the Trek authors and editors should rise up to the challenge set forth by Ward, Mack, et al., team up (2-3 authors) and create more limited-run, multi novel arcs/series.

just imagine another TOS-era arc explored by Swallow and Leisner, post-ENT series by DRG3, Ward and Dilmore, or early-TNG series by KRAD and Christopher.. the mind boggles
(and each will probably have David Mack along for a "guest stint", which will have half the cast killed )

(now I've gotten myself excited... c'mon guys, what do you say? )
I have to agree - any or all of this would be great ! There's a few survivors of Vanguard I'd like to see again, T'pol (still alive ?) and a load of other supporting characters...it doesn't all have to be about Kirk, Spock and co...