View Single Post
Old June 22 2012, 04:12 AM   #5
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Currently working through the missing episode audios...

Candlelight wrote: View Post
THE HIGHLANDERS
(5/10)

Not a bad romp, but ultimately there's really not much going on in this story. They seem to spend ages running around avoiding then finding various parts of the British army, then the Doctor seems to go through an entire array of costumes (and accents) before the story ends. I guess it just highlights how historicals were often seen simply as humorous filler stories; under that notion it's good they finished up with them.

Galaxy 4 next.
If I recall, I liked the Galaxy 4 reconstruction, and isn't that the other story that had a FOUND episode lately?

The thing about The Highlanders missing is, that it's Jamie's introduction story,

The only other Historicals I've enjoyed are The Aztecs (One of my all time favorite Hartnell Stories) which is excellent and The Romans is pretty funny. So far, none of the other Historicals has grabbed me at all, I've seen reconstructions and/or surviving episodes of the rest (Marco Polo, The Reign of Terror, The Crusade, The Myth Makers, The Massacre, The Gun Fighters) and they fail to capture my attention like the SciFi ones do

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote