Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

38. Much Ado About Nothing: B+
39. Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs: B
40. Beauty & the Beast: A+
41. Bambi: A-
42. Sex & the City 2: D+

This film is just bad. I essentially save it from an all out 'F' grade cause the cinematography was good, Charlotte's story was a bit fun as was Miranda's. They however play second fiddle to Carrie and Samantha whose stories were forced, insulting and not funny when trying to be.

There are a number of reasons the film likely did poorer than expected at the box office but I felt the film insulted it's characters. Perhaps also it's audience. Are these women not sophisticated, worldly, progressive and empowered? Miranda is the only one who really acted with any self respect or decency concerning their Middle East trip. I'm not someone who cow tows to PC-ness but basic respect was sorely lacking by Samantha. I think on paper they thought her sexual disrespect would be funny but it just came off as rude, disrespectful and not funny.

Then there was the cramming of Aiden into the film for Carrie. Him just turning up in the same place felt like a contrivance we all joked about when Worf would be worked back into a TNG film while we knew he should be at DS9.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote