View Single Post
Old June 20 2012, 02:54 PM   #257
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Out today, Avengers Vs. X-Men #6:
Jonathan Hickman joins superstar artist Olivier Coipel (SIEGE) to launch Act Two of the biggest Marvel event of the year!
What is Pax Utopia?
The Phoenix has come to Earth, and everything changes...
And the Scarlet Witch enters the fray!
After five issues of waiting for the Phoenix to arrive, it's finally here and within the bodies of five X-Men -- Cyclops, Emma Frost, Namor, Magik, and Colossus -- after Hope rejected it.

And...

This issue is actually good.

Oh, it's not without its problems, which I'll discuss momentarily, but AVX #6 actually does something interesting that puts us in Warren Ellis territory.

But that's not without its problems.

Which leads us back to the title of the comic -- Avengers Vs. X-Men. Because, of course, we have to have at least one sequence in the comic that supports that very simple concept.

And it does justify the last line of the comic. If Act One is the consequences of Cyclops crossing the line from reason to madness, Act Two is going to be the consequence of Captain America's own misjudgment.

I mentioned that the issue has a significant problem, and it's this.

Avengers Vs. X-Men #6 breaks the playground toys in a way that will be very difficult to fix.

Final thought.

As I said, I liked this issue. I think it's the best of the issues thus far, though I don't care a great deal for Coipel's artwork (his characters have a tendency to look a little squat).

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote