Old June 20 2012, 01:23 PM   #36
Dimesdan
Rear Admiral

Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dimesdan
Re: New UK (& Other?) Partwork - Official Star Trek Starship Collectio

Trek Survivor wrote: View Post
Mr. Domino wrote: View Post
Hmm...knowing that, I'd really like to get my hands on one before fully committing (which, sadly, is not possible since I'm a damn yank). While I'm not specifically familiar with ABS, I've never liked Styrene for models - extremely light and brittle stuff.
I own issue #1 - and seem to be the only person in the country! - I'm no expert on material, but the model feels pretty weighty. I cannot rate it highly enough, it looks really good. I was in Swindon (where I picked up #1) yesterday but didn't have time to pop to Smiths to see if #2 was in.
I've just been and asked in Smith's in Bath. Turns out it's a regional thing at the moment but not by actual Smith's regions (as Bath is in the same one as Swindon) but by distribution region so Bath doesn't have it.

So yeah, the publishers are testing the water and the bloke in Bath said it's testing till issue five, after that, fingers crossed it'll roll out nationwide.

I'm on twitter now. @DimesDaniel
Dimesdan is online now   Reply With Quote