View Single Post
Old June 20 2012, 06:09 AM   #834
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Star Ship Polaris

Can we see that with the nice dirty metal texture you used at one point on the engine bits?

My only critique on this would be to perhaps try turning down the procedural overlay a bit and/or throw another one on top at a different scale. Right now the 'cloud' shapes are pretty obvious if you know what you're looking at. Other than that I am really digging the look. The gloss looks a bit high (or perhaps the bump/normal is a bit low) on one of the materials, but the overall look is pretty convincing as a "fresh off the assembly line" vessel before painting and the like. Would make perfect sense to me that the shell of the ship would be made of large segments over the top of the nuts and bolts, or that the hull panels would be coated and sealed to no longer be visible as individual plates.

Overall just fantastic.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote